Keep Up With What's Happening!
contact us to speak directly to a care team expert:
7 Easy Home Care Tips for Your Alexandria, VA Family to Consider
Caring for a loved one can be difficult, but there are some ways to make it easier for the family. If you are near Alexandria, VA, the team at Capital City Nurses can work directly with your family to create a safe space for your elderly loved one at home.
Since we first opened our doors in 1976 our motivation has always been our belief that in-home care should be customized to the individual needs of each and every client we serve. We offer home care assistance with our senior companion program, as well as skilled nursing services to provide the ideal level of care for your family member.
To help make home health care easier, here are seven tips to save your time, stress, and worry:
- Take advantage of our home care services. We can provide short visits a few times a week or full private duty home care services.
- Schedule Time – If you have family members in the area, consider scheduling time for different people to spend with your loved one.
- Plan Respite Care – Getting away, even for a few hours, is a critical part of preventing caregiver burnout. We offer companionship services to give your and the rest of the family time off.
- Doctor Appointments – Prioritize doctor appointments for your loved one, for both preventative and urgent care needs.
- Review Medications – Talk to your pharmacist and doctor if there are any additions or changes in medication. Verify there are no possible drug interactions.
- Encourage Socialization – Welcome visits from friends and family members to provide socialization for your loved one
- Know Your Limits – If you feel overwhelmed, stressed, or have any physical or mental health changes, talk to your doctor.
If you are interested in learning more about our in-home care services, call us today at 866-807-7307.